How to Detox Your Liver Meridian
Detoxification of the Liver is a common topic in the Spring. I recommend easy and simple ways to detoxify. In today’s video blog I will share with you how to detox your liver meridian. But first, let’s talk a bit about why the liver.
In short (6:00) video we tap our way through the Liver & Gall Bladder meridians. The Liver is a major organ of detox. In the Chinese Medical system, Spring is the season associated with the Liver and Gall Bladder. this means 2 things:
- The Body will naturally start to move out of stagnancy at this time.
- We can help it, but we can do it gently.
A few ways you can detox your Liver Meridian
- Tapping, as seen in this video. This is an effective, gentle and free way to get the energy in your system moving.
- Exercise – getting your body moving is the number one way to keep your body’s energy circulating.
- Foods and gentle herbs – For more on this check out this blog: 3 Easy and Gentle ways to Detox.
Why the Liver and Gall Bladder?
- Did you know that the liver performs over 500 functions in the body? Amazing right. One of these is detoxification.
- From the Chinese Medicine perspective, it regulates the smooth flow of Qi (energy) in the body. When the body is overburdened, it can slow this process and we end up feeling sluggish.
Detoxification is trendy. A cleanse or detox is NO replacement for regular nutrient-dense food, regular exercise, and regular sleep. If you really want to keep your liver healthy, it’s more important to make these 3 things a part of your routine. Cleansing IS NOT a cure-all. This article from Johns Hopkins dispels some common detox myths.
Love for the light and the dark,
To learn more about how Chinese Medicine can help balance your body, mind & hormones through the use of diet, lifestyle, and acupressure:
Don’t miss a beat. Join the weekly journey.