5 Herbs for Detox And Blood Building
Many people ask about using herbs for detoxing and building the blood. While this subject is vast and nuanced we can also simplify it. When we use herbs in tonic form, the medicinal dose is quite low. Thus mitigating the possible side effects. In today’s video, I’ll share 5 herbs for detox and blood building.
Herbs that detox and build blood
- Yellow Dock improves the body’s ability to absorb iron and has a high iron content.
- Nettles are packed with antioxidants, vitamins & minerals. They are great in the spring for allergies, rashes, irritations and also help build blood.
- Due to its silica content, horsetail is great for skin, hair, and nails.
- Red Raspberry is an excellent uterine tonic. It helps direct blood to the Uterus and can be beneficial for cramps.
- Dandelion leaf is known for its detoxification properties. It guides medicinals to the breast and can help move stagnation if you suffer from fibrocystic breasts or breast distention.
I am not recommending anything to you personally. I’m just sharing what I find works. You are responsible for your own health.
1/4-1 tsp yellow dock
1/2-1 tsp nettles
1/2-1 tsp horsetail
1/2-1 tsp red raspberry
1/2-1 tsp dandelion
- Simmer the yellow dock for 10-20 minutes in 1L + 1/4 cup water.
- Pour this water overtop of the other herbs in a 1L mason jar.
- Let sit for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drink 1-2 cups daily.
If you are a man you’ll get tons of gentle detox benefits from this tonic too! You can just swap the red raspberry for peppermint.
Love for the light and the dark,
To learn more about how Chinese Medicine can help balance your body, mind & hormones through the use of diet, lifestyle, and acupressure:
Don’t miss a beat. Join the weekly journey.